6 replies to this topic

#1 Jung Blood

Jung Blood

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • MBTI:ENTP
  • LocationAmerican in Finland

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

Have any of you ever heard of an ENTP doctor? Any ideas on how well a typical ENTP would do as a family doctor or any other medical field? Would there be a field of medicine that would be more suited for the ENTP personality? I think I've read that the field of psychology is recommended, but not sure.

#2 Gerard91

Gerard91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • MBTI:INFJ
  • LocationPomerania, Poland

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

I don't know, doctors aren't so much required to be innovative, more to use knowledge properly without sense of experimenting. Pharmacy could be a place for innovative thinking, lots of diseases require to find a cure for.
Posted Image

#3 Safety

Safety

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • MBTI:Unknown
  • LocationThe fuzzy space in your head

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Friend that is one.

He is currently working the ER and finds it funny to take pictures of what is in the waiting room and send them to his friends. He likes the idea that he never knows what is coming through the door, and his job is intellectually stimulating to a point. Of course, he enjoys the money too.

Last picture sent: A picture of a man with a piece of his face missing from a shotgun blast. Does that sound like you?
Ni=Te=Ne>Ti

#4 whstrain

whstrain

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

ER or bio-mechanical research I would think.
INTJ - I already know more than I understand.

#5 josquin

josquin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

As an ENTP Doctor (nephrologist, med school professor), I think most of you are on track. I get bored with routine patient care, so entered a specialty, then teaching, then curricular design for students, then leadership, transitioning about every 6-7 years. Psychiatry is a good field for ENTPs, as it involves both analysis and flexible strategizing with complex emotions. I entered nephrology because it involves complex numeric problem solving, unusual for medicine. Bottom line...anything to avoid routine and boredom.

#6 Safety

Safety

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationThe fuzzy space in your head

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

The personality stats show that the field is dominated with NFs, BUT ENTP was the most likely of the NT variety.
Ni=Te=Ne>Ti

#7 irninja

irninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

Friend that is one.

He is currently working the ER and finds it funny to take pictures of what is in the waiting room and send them to his friends. He likes the idea that he never knows what is coming through the door, and his job is intellectually stimulating to a point. Of course, he enjoys the money too.

Last picture sent: A picture of a man with a piece of his face missing from a shotgun blast. Does that sound like you?

Sounds like a violation of HIPAA law.

The real personality types made relevant: http://www.xeromag.c...ersonality.html